Often people have a medical concern or complaint that can not be explained by traditional medical evaluations. The iris is the colored part of your eye that surrounds the pupil, or black central part of your eye. An iris analysis can expand our understanding of your overall state of health and vitality, along with the potential cause of a variety of disease processes.
It is amazing what can reveal itself when getting a proper analysis of the iris. Iridology is an alternative medicine technique that uses the colors, patterns, and various other properties of the iris to assess your overall general health. In Iridology, each organ in the human body has a corresponding region in the iris. This is very similar in nature to acupuncture, in which each organ has a corresponding region in the external body i.e. part of the hand or foot, etc. Iris analysis can not diagnose a disease but it can reveal where inflammation and imbalances are occurring in your body. Once detected, the source of the issue can usually be addressed and resolved.
An assortment of iris signs can signify a disorder or disease:
1. A frosted white circle if seen on the outer perimeter of the iris can signify that a person has elevated cholesterol and it can also signify an elevated risk of heart disease. Omega 3 fatty acids, a healthy whole food diet, regular exercise, etc. can all help to reduce overall risk.
2. Concentric arcs that appear anywhere on the iris can be a sign that a person holds stress in their body. Excess stress can correlate with an increased risk of a wide variety of ailments and diseases. Epsom salt baths, yoga, magnesium supplements, meditation, and other herbal remedies such as kava can help to calm an overactive nervous system.
3. Small beads of white, or cream colored, “splodges” that look like a string of pearls around the perimeter of the iris can indicate a sluggish lymphatic system, a critical component of the immune system. Massage therapy, regular exercise, vitamin C, zinc, and echinacea can all be used to improve the lymphatic system.
4. A pulsating pupil and/or a larger pupil than normal can indicate adrenal fatigue. This is a common cause of feeling tired and run down. Vitamin B supplementation, balancing hormones, getting adequate rest and other lifestyle changes, and taking an adrenal support supplement can assist the adrenal glands.
5. Fine red blood vessels in the whites of the eye (the sclera) that surrounds the iris can be a sign of allergies—either food or environmental allergies. This can lead to a search for the underlying allergen, which once eliminated will resolve a variety of symptoms.
There is a long list of changes that can be seen in the iris that can correlate with an underlying issue in the body. The above list is just a few examples of the issues that can be detected by evaluating your iris.
Many of my clients come into the office and explain that they know something is wrong but all the medical tests show that there is nothing wrong and then they start questioning their own sanity. It is such a relief to most of them when they find out that there are issues affecting their health, and most importantly, that there is something they can do to improve their health and quality of life.
From the information we get from the iris, plus the information supplied by the client (medications that they are on, food that they are eating, overall lifestyle, symptoms, etc), a complete program is developed which includes dietary and lifestyle changes along with some supplements. The body has an amazing ability to heal itself and with the proper support, chronic issues can resolve fairly quickly.
Here is a picture of an iris obtained from a recent patient:
After completing the iris analysis and expressing my concern regarding the improper functioning of her Pancreas and Thyroid, my client elected to have a medical check up. Her doctor did find that she had diabetes and low thyroid function. At this time, she decided to try the “natural route” first before starting medications.
We were able to work with her diet and lifestyle and also added some supplements. Within 30 days she reported that she “felt like a new person”.
It is important to understand that an Iridologist cannot diagnose disease from the iris of the eye. What we see is if the body is underactive, overactive or out of balance as it correlates to a certain area of the body. Only a medical doctor can actually diagnose disease. We simply see the potential area of the body that is inflamed or under stress, which points us in the direction of the need for a further evaluation or treatment. Often, lifestyle changes and supplements help you to feel better and resolve the underlying inflammation or cause of stress on the body. Iridology is a tool that is used to expand our ability to detect issues within your body.
Iridology offers you an additional modality to consider if you would like to evaluate any unexplained issues or simply have an evaluation of your overall health status.
To Learn More About Iris Analysis and Iridology and book an appointment with Dr. Micki Jones here.