A healthy sexual relationship with your partner is important for your physical and mental well being. The good news is that there is help for a waning sex drive. The first step is wanting to do something about it (you already did that by reading this!).
Here are some other things that you can do:
- Eat a diet low in sugar and other white foods as well as full of good proteins and fats. Fat does not make you fat!! It is actually the sugars/simple carbohydrates that stimulate fat storage. Cave men/women ate a lot of fat and they had muscular bodies. Fat should come from nuts, seeds, avocado, olive oil, and fish preferably.
- Eat a small amount every 3 hours. Remember to eat lots of vegetables!! Berries or green apples are the best fruits.
- Limit your alcohol to 5-7 drinks per week (max of two drinks per sitting).
- Exercise regularly. A minimum of a half hour 6 times per week is the goal!
- Take a multivitamin
- Take Omega 3 fatty acid supplement daily
- Optimize your Vitamin D level to 50-70 (get this from sunshine and/or supplements) If in doubt it is safe to add 1000 IU of Vit D3 daily
- Resveratrol 100 – 300 mg per day is a powerful anti-oxidant (get from grape seeds)
Yes, your nutrition greatly affects your libido, not just your waist line!! The hormones that are responsible for your libido greatly depend on the right nutrition. The first line of treatment for hormonal balance is a healthy lifestyle. I also find that most women need some supplemental Testosterone to offset the stresses of living in our modern world. We are surrounded by many things that disrupt our natural hormones.
Using bio-identical Testosterone combined with a healthy lifestyle is a great boost to your libido!!