- Balance your hormones–an optimal level of Testosterone, Progesterone, Estrogen, and Thyroid hormones supports healthy skin, hair, muscle, and bones along with keeping your mind, mood, and body healthy.
- Drink plenty of water daily. Water hydrates your skin and is necessary for your body to function properly. Sodas, energy drinks, excess coffee and alcohol can age your body inside and out.
- Detoxify regularly. Infrared sauna, Epsom salt soaks, deep breathing exercises, and colonics are great ways to do this. Reduce your toxin exposure by eliminating toxins whenever you can: use glass not plastic, eat organic when you can, use safe cleaning and personal care products, avoid tobacco, etc. By reducing your toxin exposure and helping your body detoxify, your body will stay younger longer.
EWG.org gives great information on healthy products.
- Get a medical grade ozone treatment regularly–either by blood, rectal, or vaginal application. When done properly, ozone therapy can help your body to repair and rejuvenate. This offers anti-aging assistance to your body.
- Exercise regularly. You do not need to “kill” yourself in order to reap the benefits. Regular exercise has been proven to keep your mind and body functioning optimally late into life. 30 minutes five days a week is all that you need. Yoga is a wonderful addition to your exercise routine–keeping your tendons, muscles, and ligaments flexible.
- Get an adequate amount of sleep. Restful sleep is important for daily functioning and aging well. The number of hours that you need for adequate sleep is the amount that allows you to wake up refreshed.
- Focus on eating healthy protein and vegetables every day. You do not need to be perfect. If you can eat a healthy whole food diet for 80% of the calories you take in, you will be ahead of the majority of the population. Proper nutrition allows your body to function optimally.
- Unplug regularly. Stress can be a detriment to your health and cause premature aging and diseases. Stress is a normal part of life and we can’t eliminate it, but we can handle stress in a healthy way. Aromatherapy, yoga, deep breathing exercises, turning off your phone regularly, taking Epsom salt soaks, quiet time, etc are all ways that you can unplug and rejuvenate.
Feeling great in the present and as you age is the greatest gift that you can give yourself. You are worth the time and effort to take care of you.