Many people have a low functioning thyroid and don’t realize it. “Normal” lab values can miss a sub optimal thyroid. Integrative medicine physicians evaluate hormone levels to ensure that they are in the optimal range.
Top reasons to have an optimally functioning thyroid:
- To have a healthy well functioning metabolism depends on optimal thyroid levels. Optimization of your thyroid hormones is not a weight loss miracle, but it is difficult to reduce fat if your thyroid is not functioning properly.
- Having a positive happy outlook on life comes from many things–one of them is an optimal thyroid hormone level. Optimal thyroid levels are linked to an increased feeling of well being and increased focus.
- It promotes healthy skin, hair, and nails. Without optimal thyroid functions you may have hair loss, dry skin or hair, eczema or other skin disorders, dry brittle nails, etc.
- Having the energy to do the things that you want to do requires an optimally functioning thyroid. If your thyroid is low you may feel a lack of energy, especially noticed in the afternoon.
- It promotes a healthy digestive system. Constipation can be a sign of a low functioning thyroid.
Optimizing your thyroid is just one part of your overall wellness. It is an important part that everyone should have evaluated to be sure that it is functioning optimally.