Your house is not the only thing that needs a spring cleaning, your body accumulates toxins that need to be eliminated. In today’s world, our bodies are exposed to various toxins on a daily basis: from environmental pollution to processed foods to chemicals added in personal care and cleaning products. It is estimated that the average person is exposed to thousands of chemicals each day. Although our body is equipped to naturally detoxify, it gets overloaded in today’s world. These toxins can accumulate in our bodies and lead to health issues such as fatigue, headaches, digestive issues, rashes, the inability to lose unwanted fat and even chronic diseases.
To combat the effect of these toxins on our health, we can assist in the detoxification of our bodies. Our bodies need a little help in today’s toxic environment to detoxify properly. Thus, natural detoxification has become more popular as people are becoming more aware of the need to take control of their health.
Natural detoxification methods involve supporting our body’s innate ability to cleanse itself. Natural detoxification includes being mindful of what we put into our bodies and doing things that assist in eliminating the toxins that we are exposed to despite our best efforts to reduce our exposure. It is easy to incorporate natural detoxification into your life, all it takes is awareness, some education, and a desire to be in optimal health.
1. Hydrate daily. Water is essential for our body to function properly, and that includes detoxification. Drinking enough water not only supports all of our body’s metabolic activities, but it also assists in flushing out toxins. The rule of thumb is to drink half of your body weight in ounces of water each day. Ex. 120 pound person should drink 60 ounces a day.
2. Add fresh lemon or lime to your water. These fruits add vitamin C, which is a natural antioxidant. Adding slices of one or both of these fruits to your water adds another level of detoxification.
3. Consume adequate fiber. Eat fiber rich foods such as berries, apples, nuts, seeds, and vegetables on a daily basis to support healthy digestion and improve the elimination of toxins from the body through healthy bowel movements. In addition, these foods are also rich in antioxidants which can help your body to combat free radicals (molecules that can cause damage to cells).
4. Exercise regularly. Not only does exercise help burn fat and build healthy muscle tone, it increases blood flow and stimulates the lymphatic system to help clear toxins from the body. In addition, sweating during exercise is another way that our bodies can eliminate toxins from the body.
5. Avoid processed foods and reduce your sugar intake. Processed foods are loaded with artificial preservatives, dyes, flavorings, and additives that are toxins themselves or they interfere with the body’s detoxification. Eat whole foods made from nature and eliminate processed and high sugar foods whenever you can. It is also important to eat organic produce and consume meats and eggs that are from animals that were pasture raised and not given hormones or antibiotics.
6. Utilize an infrared sauna on a regular basis. Infrared saunas can promote a deeper level of detoxification than a regular sauna. Infrared waves gently penetrate your skin and heat your core which assists the body in ridding itself of heavy metals, chemicals, and even radioactive particles. In addition, it is mentally relaxing. (It is important to keep your sessions short and avoid overheating)
7. Eliminate (or at least limit) alcohol, soda, and energy drinks. These drinks all contain toxins that our body has to process and eliminate. They can overload the liver, causing it not to function optimally which can lead to fat buildup and inflammation.
8. Take slow, deep breaths regularly. The lungs help to eliminate toxins. Breathing slow, deep breaths is not only relaxing to the mind, but it helps the body eliminate certain toxins.
9. Get adequate sleep. Sleeping allows the brain to reorganize and recharge itself, as well as allow your body to remove toxins that accumulate throughout each day. When the body is sleep deprived, it does not have time to perform those functions, thus toxins can build up.
10. Use natural cleaning and personal care products. EWG.org is a wonderful resource. Choosing more natural cleaning and personal care products will reduce your exposure to potentially toxic chemicals.
Incorporating these natural detoxification methods into your lifestyle can help improve your body’s cleansing abilities and boost overall health and vitality. In addition to these simple things, we have found that getting an IV Ozone treatment along with the IV Meyers Cocktail and IV Glutathione on a regular basis is a fabulous way to boost the body’s natural detoxification. It is a wellness IV that only takes about 30-45 minutes and it is a wonderful addition to a healthy lifestyle to stay in optimal health, it is not just for those who already have chronic disease, cancer, an infection, etc.
You can live a healthy life in today’s toxic, chemical world. Simply start today.