What does that mean to you? To me, it means having the energy to do the things that I want and like to do. It is feeling and looking healthy—being full of vitality. It is feeling mentally balanced. Living an optimal life is about living each day to its fullest and enjoying each day.
How do we do this? Does it happen with a magic pill or diet? Does it happen by reading the right book or listening to the right speaker or mentor?
It seems that our human instinct is to want things quickly and to expect huge miraculous results with one thing that we do. This is not how it works. In order to live an optimal life I have found that it involves addressing many thing on a regular basis. It is the small, little things that we do on a regular basis that add up over time to give us an optimal life.
After treating a wide variety of patients and doing my own personal research I have found that the following areas are what need to be addressed:
- Nutrition (food, drink, and proper supplementation)
- Sleep (a healthy sleep environment and sleep schedule is important)
- Exercise (moving the body on a regular basis–it does not have to be at a gym)
- Toxin exposure (minimizing what toxins you are exposed to and detoxification practices)
- Our mind (the subconscious mind is a powerful tool)
- Proper hormone balancing (Estrogen, Testosterone, Progesterone, Thyroid,and your other hormones need to be balanced utilizing bio-identical hormones in today’s hormone imbalancing environment)
All of these areas can be broken down into many subsets and can be easily addressed. Look at these areas and pick a simple step that you can do to work towards a more optimal life. It is the small, little steps that you take each day that will lead you to success. Be patient with yourself and keep moving in the right direction. Here at An Optimal You, we are here to help guide you in your journey.