Bioidentical Hormones and Replacement Therapy
At An Optimal You, we believe that many age-related symptoms can be linked to a hormone imbalance. After the age of thirty-five, hormone levels decline due to aging, stress and environmental attack. That’s when medical problems begin. So doesn’t it make sense that these hormones should be replaced to youthful levels? The hormones used for replacement should be bioidentical not synthetic hormones.
We safely replace several hormones such as estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA, thyroid, growth hormone, melatonin, pregnenolone and Vitamin D (pro-hormone).
Benefits of BHRT
(Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy)
- Fewer side effects than synthetic hormones
- Protection against heart disease
- Improved cholesterol, lipid and C-RP (C Reactive Protein) levels
- Improved cognitive function
- Maintain healthy bones, muscles and stamina
- Slower appearance of aging
- Better maintained libido
Causes of Hormone Imbalance
- Poor Diets – excess sugar & carbohydrates, lack of healthy fats & oils, low fiber & water intake, insufficient vitamins, minerals & nutrients, processed & fast foods
- Exposure to Toxins – pesticides, preservatives, second-hand smoke, etc.
- Stress depletes the adrenal glands and can create an imbalance among all hormones
- Lifestyle – lack of daily exercise, poor or insufficient sleep, alcohol, smoking, etc.
- Poor general health
Goals of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
- Alleviate the symptoms of hormone depletion caused by aging, stress and/or environmental factors
- Give protective benefits that were originally provided with balanced hormone levels in your twenties.
- Re-establish hormone balance.
Check Out Our Latest Video