As we enter into 2019 you may be wondering: “where did 2018 go??”. You may have things you wanted to improve upon in your health that didn’t quite happen as planned. If you are like a lot of people you kept thinking you had time to start in 2018 and you kept delaying it…..
The time is now to make a decision and get some positive results. Maybe you want to lose ten pounds, maybe you want more energy, or maybe you want to sleep better. The list of desires may be long but you can achieve them! The time is now for you to feel and look better. No matter where you are at today in your health, you can see positive results in 2019!!
Where do you start??
- 1. The first thing is to decide what it is that you want. Write it down, don’t just think about it. Write down what it will feel like to have what you desire. Visualize it completely and write down the details. If you are resisting doing this, think about this: you don’t go on a road trip without consulting a map do you? Why would you try to achieve a better body, more energy, etc without knowing exactly what it is you want and what it will bring you?? This step is critical. Having clarity in what you desire is the first step to achieving it.
- 2. Think about the people that can help you to achieve what you desire. Friends, family members, health professionals, etc. Having people in your life that can support and guide you is extremely helpful. Write down who they are and reach out to them for help. Stay connected with them.
- 3. Stop hanging around the negative people in your life (if you can). Minimize your exposure to them if you can’t avoid them completely. Naysayers and people who sabotage your positive efforts are not to be tolerated. Keep people in your life who care about you and want you to succeed. Sometimes the people around you can unknowingly sabotage your efforts to improve yourself. Once you explain to them your needs, hopefully they will understand and support you. Remember this: when you stand up for what you need, the people who matter don’t mind and the people who mind don’t matter. If you need to change what you eat, drink, or do and someone gives you a hard time; it is time to rethink that relationship and decide if they really care about you. You are an amazing person who deserves the love and support of those around you!
- 4. Figure out a game plan. Write down the steps that are needed to achieve what you want. Break it down into easy steps. This may sound like a lot of work but if you take a little time now, it will make it much easier to achieve what you truly desire for your body. Start with small steps. Great things are achieved by small daily actions.
- 5. Start each day visualizing what it is that you desire. Sit quietly each morning and also before bed. It only takes a minute or two to do this. Imagine yourself achieving what it is that you desire. See it and feel it happening. Taking action on a regular basis will be much easier when you have visualized what you want.
- 6. If you are having trouble focusing, having the energy to make changes, or having other physical symptoms that are impeding your progress; get your hormones and other blood work evaluated properly. I see a lot of people who have a hormone imbalance causing fatigue, decreased motivation, lowered ability to exercise, brain fog, depression, etc. Hormones are like the gas in your car and they must be optimized for your body to run well.
The bottom line is that you can end 2019 in a better place. It takes desire, clarity, visualization, and small daily actions. You deserve to feel as good as possible!