With the holidays just around the corner, many of us are feeling the pressure of the hustle and bustle that the season seems to bring. Making time for self care is not everyone’s first priority, although it is a very important one we tend to ignore. Give yourself the gift of self care.
There are some simple things that you can do to ensure you enjoy the holiday season.
- Schedule time for you. Say no to things you don’t want to do. It’s ok to say no to others and say yes to yourself. Ensure you schedule in time to unplug regularly. You are important. The people who care about you will understand if you take time for you. Have time on a regular basis to do things that bring you joy and relaxation.
- Take an Epsom salt bath or schedule a Float on a regular basis. Magnesium is very calming to your brain and excellent for muscle soreness and body detoxification.
- Get outside a few minutes each day. Close your eyes and breathe in deeply and slowly. Even a few minutes a day can be rejuvenating to your mind.
- Turn off your phone alerts and check your phone when you want to. Having your phone buzz and ring at you is a stressful event to your brain. Take control of your phone instead of having it control you. It is also important to turn off your phone at night to give yourself a break from the outside world.
- Schedule a Reiki session.
Reiki is a safe, natural, holistic healing practice. Reiki helps us move towards balance and wholeness by using simple relaxation techniques which activates the body’s natural healing response.
Benefits of Reiki:
- Heal mind, body and emotions
- Relieve pain and calm the mind
- Promote deep relaxation
- Relieve stress and anxiety
- Increase rate of recovery from injury
- Strengthen the immune system
- Help meditative state
- Promote personal awareness
- Enhance spiritual connection
- Foster natural self healing
- Balance energies in the body
Best of all, Reiki adapts to the needs of the recipient. If you are overwhelmed with stress, worry, emotional upsets, physical aches and pains, and disease you should consider a Reiki session. Your physical and energetic bodies will thank you!
By taking time to care for yourself on a regular basis, you will find yourself more energetic and able to handle life, as well as the holidays, much better. You can live an Optimal life by taking care of you!!